« Home | One lazy saturday afternoon (Part I) » | My journey starts here... »

One lazy saturday afternoon (Part II)

Date: June 24, 2006
Trail: Mt. Baker-UVIc-Gyro Beach
Start time: 10:00 am
End time: 5:00 pm
Total distance (miles): 21
No. of hot gals passed: 32

(Click on the pictures to enlarge)

Welcome to my Alma Mater!!


Hare now, hare gone!! University is filled with these blackish/brownish/goldenish rabbits. The joke is that during summer there are more rabbits than students at UVic. It's not uncommon to see girls and boys feeding them baby carrots during their lunch hours.


A totem pole!! These are engraved by native people and usually they indicate that they used to live in this area, although these are now given as a symbolic gesture too. I love this particular totem pole surrounded by trees which may be lucky to have not been engraved. University has around 4-5 of these spread all around.


University fountain. This is just outside the library where you can see brilliant minds thinking about ways to solve world problems. Although, sometimes you can see couples making out too (reminds me of good 'ol days of Delhi University...lol)



University bus-stand and book store. You can see me here every evening at 5ish waiting for my 26, which is the double-decker one. We have also got these new hybrid ones and once I was chatting with the driver of these hybrids and he was telling me all about them when I told him that in Delhi all the buses run on CNG. He was pleasantly surprised and I felt suprisingly pleased...

Coming up next: A visit to Cadboro Bay Village

aji wah aaj hum first :P

lovely pics, beautiful fountain, mast hai ji sab kuch
Enjoy
Preeti

love the fountain.. its sooo prettyy!!

hey is this ur Univ or some resort???

ohh sweety rabbit....:)

best one is the TOTEM POLE one...wud love to read more about them

Pyaar ka Fountain :P

fundu buses...

wow itni pyari jagah hai..pher bhi dukhi ho jaata hai kabhi kabhi...:P

v nice blog ricky..really!keep it going
-sonali

lovely pics ricky...yr univ is really beautiful...like others have said...more like a resort :)

:))))))

hmm. i want to c hwo it looks like in winter! that must be awesome-r than this!

Finally managed to be here :)
Lovely pics...finally am able to visualize ur Univ and the places you've been telling me about. It as lovely as I had imagined! I wanna visit Victoria so much!

seems like ur univ is a resort or somethin' grandddd..
great place yaar..

Post a Comment